Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I have used this wallpaper switcher for about a year now. Most people probably use it to rotate images stored on the hard drive. This works great but I use it for online photos. I spend a lot of time browsing photos on Flickr. This is what sold me on John's Background Switcher. It will rotate your Flickr photos and also other peoples Flickr photos that you mark as favorites. So, while I'm browsing Flickr I can mark any photo as a favorite and it will come up as wallpaper in the rotation.




I can’t stand plain, boring backgrounds. John’s Background Switcher (or JBS for short) periodically changes the background image on your computer (like every hour or every day) to something interesting. You can specify which pictures to choose from:

  • Individual pictures on your computer

  • Folders containing pictures on your computer such as ‘My Pictures’

  • Flickr photo sharing - selecting pictures by person, tags, sets or just plain random. You never know what you’re going to get next!

  • Phanfare web albums - keep up to date with your friends and family

  • smugmug photo galleries - yours, your friends, anybody’s!

  • Picasa Web Albums - choose from specific albums or any search text

  • Yahoo! image search - the internet is your oyster!


No comments: