Friday, October 20, 2006

Cool Free XP Macro Maker


I had this problem where my monitor was always blinking when I boot up. The cause of the problem is my KVM switch. To fix it a had to change my refresh rate and then change it back. I finally got tired of doing this and downloaded AutoHotkey. You start the program them hit “record”. I did my "refresh rate" routine with the mouse and then hit “stop”. After that I opened the macho text file with notepad and added a delay at the beginning. Finally, I used the AutoHotkey "exe" converter and converted my script into an executable file. Too Cool! I also looked at the help and learned that it's a full fledged macro language if you want to do more than point and click. Now I have a handy automatic refresh rate changer in my “Startup” folder.

No comments: